St. Leslieville (formerly known as the St. Clements Anglican Church) was built in 1913. The renovation will respect the heritage of the church by maintaining the existing exterior walls while housing 14 dwellings ranging in size from an 804 to 1980 sq.ft., including one, two and three bedrooms.
The church will be restored to modern standards of the Ontario Building Code yet will also maintain its Heritage Building designation.
High efficiency heating, cooling and windows as well as modern insulation will be utilized to provide multiple energy saving features. Natural light will be harnessed so the building will not contribute wastefully to the environment. Every effort will be made to not contribute to landfill by salvaging existing features of the building, making the reuse of this property overall, a sound sustainable building project.
Stay tuned for updates!